PolyGrid – A new way to display data in Livecode
What is PolyGrid?
PolyGrid is a table control for Livecode, it empowers Livecode users to display formatted data with a modern appearance, requiring minimum effort to make more efficient the development process.
You can download a Demo (demo Not working on Community version of LC, once released it will be compatible with LC Community too) or send us a message from "Get PolyGrid" button to obtain your copy.
Over the course of several months our team has been working on multiple projects, in which the need to display data and interact with it in table form has arisen, Livecode has a powerful control for this purpose called Datagrid, but being made up of grouped controls does not perform well under certain circumstances, in addition to taking considerable time to prepare a table control with the desired behavior using it, even in simple cases, so we set ourselves the task of creating a table control in Livecode Builder (LCB) that we could use for our purpose, optimizing time and performance, the result was PolyGrid, a Widget that initially allowed us to work with data tables in a very simple way and with an appreciable performance on mobile and desktop platforms as well.
After its implementation in some projects it evolved into a Complete control for data visualization with features specifically designed and developed for In order to reduce the development time of projects, a modern and fully customizable graphic appearance, maintaining a similar or superior performance to the existing options until now.
How to display data with PolyGrid control?
To display data with this table control we have two properties available:
- text (or pgText) – The content of this property must be text equivalent to a table, where each line is a row and each tab delimits the columns.
- pgData – This property must have the same format used in the Datagrid control (pArray [RowNumber] [ColumnName] [Content ]), the array elements within each [ColumnName] will be assigned to the column with the corresponding name in the PolyGrid control.
- Independent data type content for each column
- Support for 6 types of data:
- Multi-line text
- Icon (svg)
- Integrated scrolling handling for desktop and mobile platforms (without using the native scroll)
- Highly customizable.
- Support to use a variety of ways included as a popup (useful to build custom menus)
- Extensive integration with mouse events
- Column resizing capabilities
Can I customize the appearance of the PolyGrid widget?
Yes, the appearance of the PolyGrid control is completely customizable through Livecode’s property editor or using a dedicated plugin for that purpose.
Currently, there are no comment.Login to comment